Friday, March 26, 2010
Do you like this story?
I have been meaning to post this for the past several days. Unfortunately I missed getting it up in time for a recent informational meeting discussing this project, that was held last night. All apologies. In an attempt to help raise funds for both local artists, while also raising funds for the Contemporary Art Acquisition Fund for the Indianapolis Museum of Art. I leave this to those artists reading this to decide if this is something you would like to try and/or support. Below is the information available regarding this opportunity. If you have further questions, contact either Mindy Ross or Christopher West who are spearheading this event. Hopefully we see some great art being offered up and we can raise a good amount of money for the acquisition fund.
- Consignment form is attached. Up to 75% of the sales price is paid out to you! Consignments from individual artists will have a 25-35% commission to the auction house, which is far less then most contemporary galleries are able to accept when working with emerging artists.
- All consignments will be published in a 4-color print and on-line catalogue
- The auction will be advertised in local and national print publications and on prominent on-line sites such as artnet.com
- Sales results may be listed on artnet.com (meaning you too may get listed on artnet.com)!
- Digital images of work available for consignment. Please be sure each image is titled to match a corresponding description list. (There are no image size requirements but please be sure it is a good clear image of the work.)
- A Word Document that contains descriptions of each artwork and which clearly corresponds with the names of the digital image files. Descriptions should contain:
- Your contact information [include US mailing address, email address and phone number(s)]
- Title of the work, Year of execution
- The price that you believe you would normally be able to sell this work for in a gallery setting.
- Any descriptive information that you think would be helpful for our consideration and/or for a catalogue description