Monday, March 26, 2007

2007 Depauw Biennial, Part 2

Wasted! Wasted a lot of gas and about 2 hours of my day. Having decided to get up and head on down to see the show at the Peeler Saturday morning you can probably imagine my frustration upon getting there only to find out it is closed. Not because I was there outside normal operating hours but I assume it was Spring Break for the university (I must assume such as there was no sign to explain why it was closed). While I won't go into the reasons why I think University Galleries and Libraries should operate outside such breaks I do feel that this sort of information should be clearly marked for the visitors. On behalf of the Peeler their website does have the following statement, "Closed: During University breaks and holidays". While that appears to be helpful on the surface, unless you are a student of the university how are you supposed to know when that is. Just put the dates you are closed. It's that easy. Perhaps, if I decide to make another attempt to go down, then there will be an actual "Part 3" of this piece. I just hope that its worth two drives.

On a brighter note, the weather was wonderful and a great day for a road trip and we were able to see this fun piece behind the Peeler.

1 Responses to “2007 Depauw Biennial, Part 2”

Donna Sink said...
March 26, 2007 at 1:00 PM

O my god! That was us, too, but on Sunday afternoon. Biggest frustration was that our 3yo boy, a total trooper, hated getting out of the car then getting right back in to go home. So frustrating and so wasteful!

The lawn chair tent was pretty cool.


All Rights Reserved OnTheCusp.org | Blogger Template by Bloggermint