Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Thank God I don't make this crap



Above image courtesy of Google image search when you type in 'Funny Art'

If you don't know, I'm not an artist. Don't pretend to be one. Don't want to be one. The idea of me creating something, anything and putting it out there for public consumption quite frankly, scares the crap out of me. That's part of the reason I do what I do. Complete admiration for the creators of our time. This is also something I need to constantly remind myself. No matter how much I may hate a show, or hate the work, the artist had more guts than I did and accomplished something I could never even dream of.

The best part of my job is the time I get to spend with artists. Studio visits can be amazing. Spending a week or two with an artist working on an installation can't be compared with any other experience. In todays world, fortunately of unfortunately, the art world seems almost totally market driven. Just a fascinated as I am with the creative process, I am equally as fascinated with the artist's reactions to the current climate.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had picked up a couple of pieces at Art Basel Miami Beach. I recently came across the artist's blog (who happened to be in Miami and was helping his dealer during the fair) and he spoke first hand about his work selling and what was going through his mind through the entire weekend. I found it very interesting, and thought you might be interested too. Here it is...

http://joshazzarella.com/blog/?p=100

0 Responses to “Thank God I don't make this crap”

All Rights Reserved OnTheCusp.org | Blogger Template by Bloggermint