Sunday, January 17, 2010

Art without objects?



There's a really interesting article in New York Times about a sort of performance art that is equally about human interaction. I thought it would be a good conversation starter ... especially when you consider the artists' quote that ends the story:

“For the last two or three hundred years in human society, we have been very focused on the earth. We have been transforming the materials of the earth, and the museum has developed also over the last two or three hundred years as a temple of objects made from the earth. I’m the guy who comes in and says: ‘I’m bored with that. I don’t think it’s that interesting, and it’s not sustainable.’ Inside this temple of objects, I refocus attention to human relations” -- Tino Sehgal.

Read the full story here.

0 Responses to “Art without objects?”

All Rights Reserved OnTheCusp.org | Blogger Template by Bloggermint