Sunday, November 01, 2009

Linda Adele Goodine


Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Charles Fox and I want to thank Scott for the opportunity to join On The Cusp as a contributor. I am finishing up my MA in Museum Studies at IUPUI, and I also work for Herron Galleries. I got my start blogging at the Hyde Park Art Center in Chicago this past summer.

I will be posting content to On The Cusp that is linked from my own blog, Outposts From The Material World. If you are interested in something that I post to On The Cusp, you can view it in its entirety on my personal blog.

I will start out with a post about Linda Adele Goodine, who has taught at Herron School of Art + Design for 20 years (photography, installation, sound, video, performance) and also teaches distance learning classes at Vermont College. She is trained as a modern dancer and also teaches yoga and sings.

On Wednesday, Goodine
gave a lecture, "The Constructed Journey: Fine Art, Photography + Video" as part of IUPUI's Cutting Edge Lecture Series. Her artistic practice encompasses dance, poetry, performance, video, photography, images produced using scanners. During the lecture, Goodine screened images and video from her Seneca Honey series, produced between 2007 and 2009. Goodine states that she is "thinking of honey in terms of healing" in this body of work. "You can't live a life without suffering," she muses.

Image: Ghat from the Seneca Honey series

Read the rest at Outposts From The Material World

1 Responses to “Linda Adele Goodine”

davidk52 said...
November 2, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Excellent lecture. Love to hear about her thought process and how it connects with her visuals! I'm looking forward to seeing her book connecting her work with the Sylvia Plath bee poem series!


All Rights Reserved OnTheCusp.org | Blogger Template by Bloggermint