Thursday, May 31, 2007

Julian Schnabel wins Best Director


This may have little interest to some of our readers but as many of you may know, I have always been a movie fan. Having worked at the now closed Castleton Arts Cinema for 8 years certainly immersed me in art house, foreign, and independent film. Add that to the fact that I have long been a fan of Julian Schnabel's paintings (not those broken plate ones) as well as his films and you will understand why I find this noteworthy. While his first film, Basquiat, I enjoyed for obvious reasons, it wasn't until Before Night Falls that I viewed him as a truly wonderful filmmaker and now his newest film. I have been waiting for this film for a couple years and it has me thrilled to see that he was just awarded Best Director at Cannes Film Festival for "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly". Now, all we have to do is wait for it to come to Indianapolis.

0 Responses to “Julian Schnabel wins Best Director”

All Rights Reserved OnTheCusp.org | Blogger Template by Bloggermint