Saturday, November 11, 2006

Detroit's new Museum of Contemporary Art

[image, Site of the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit, from MOCAD website]


I am always interested to here that a new museum devoted to contemporary art is opening, so when I heard that one opened recently in Detroit I was pleased. I was meaning to let you all know about this sooner but had a lot going on and never got around to posting it. So, here it is.

There is a new museum in Detroit, the Museum of Contemporay Art Detroit (MOCAD). The museum has just opened its doors to the public a couple weeks ago on October 28th. While they are still in the early stages of growth it appears they have plenty of room to grow into, some 20,000 square feet to be precise. There is a nice little article about the museum here. And over at Detroit Arts blog they have a nice piece with lots of pictures from the grand opening, so check it out.

This is another sign that there is a growing interest for contemporary art in the midwest. Next time I am in the Detroit area I will be sure to check it out.

0 Responses to “Detroit's new Museum of Contemporary Art”

All Rights Reserved OnTheCusp.org | Blogger Template by Bloggermint